Saturday 14 April 2012

Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte

It was my darling husband's birthday a few days back and as he is saving for a new laptop, he did not have many presents to unpack, instead he received some gift vouchers from me and the kids. To still make his birthday a bit special, the boys and I decided to try and make his favourite cake: a black forest gateau.

As the kids and I also wanted to assist the birthday boy with the diminishing of the cake, we opted for an alcohol free version. I followed (apart from the Kirschwasser) this receipe: Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte. Really great and really tasty and it was done really quickly (especially if you use the kitchen aid for whipping the cream).
About one hour later (the boys helped wonderfully) the above result turned out. My husband absolutely loved it and we were all pleasantly surprised that a gateau does not necessarily need to be a whole lot of work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment